* * * Overview * * *
This app is a great addition for IT administrators by providing a simple port knocker and scanner as well as ping, traceroute and DNS and rDNS resolution.
* * * Features * * *
- Send a port knocking sequence to one of your servers to open or close a port
- Save your port knocking configurations
- Export port knocking configurations
- iCloud sync of port knocking configurations
- Scan one port or a whole port range for their state (open/closed)
- Perform a ping with customizable interval, timeout and packet count
- Perform a traceroute with customizable timeout, ping count per hop and maximum number of hops
- DNS and rDNS resolution (IPv4 and IPv6)
* * * Analytics information * * *
I reserve the right to gather anonymous usage data. However, there will NEVER be private/personal data transfered. I just use this to improve most used features first!
* * * What is a port knocker? * * *
With port knocking you can secure services behind a firewall and if you need to connect to them you must send the specific port knocking sequence first. Afterwards, the requested port gets opened.
Here is a simple example: imagine you have SSH installed on your server but don't want to open the SSH port (usually 22) to everybody. In fact, you can just install a port knocking daemon and secure the SSH port behind a firewall. If you now want to connect to your server using SSH you can't do so until you have sent the port knocking sequence that opens the firewall for your current IP address.
Further information can be found at the Wikipedia site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_knocking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Port Tools is a free trial software application from the Office Suites & Tools subcategory, part of the Business category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-07-20. The program can be installed on iOS.
Port Tools (version 3.0.2) has a file size of 22.23 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 10 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.